Mechanical Design Engineer
|Industry||Industrial – Mech|
International heavy engineering company
Located in their state-of-the-art HQ in Navan, the role will involve working as part of a small team designing all aspects of off-road vehicle suspension & driveline
The role will involve:
- Design and 3D modelling of Suspension, Steering & Driveline systems using Solidworks.
- Structural and Fatigue analysis using ANSYS FEA
- Development of expertise in key design areas such as Gear Design, Material selection and heat treatment, Suspension, Steering & Spring Design, Vehicle Dynamic Modelling
- On-time delivery of high quality / cost effective designs in a busy, fast paced environment
- Project management of design & development projects
- Generation of BOM’s and 2D drawings including the use of GD&T and maintenance of the Technical Data Package to support manufacture
- Maintaining a keen awareness of industry trends and new developments in technology
- Communicate and present clearly both internally and externally to clients & suppliers
- Provide support for other functions including Sales & Marketing and Supply Chain
- There will be an opportunity for the successful candidate to travel internationally to partake in customer & supplier meetings and support development programs.
- Will have a Bachelor or Master Degree in Mechanical Engineering. Other qualifications can be considered for candidates with directly relevant design experience.
- The candidate should have proven experience of using one or more of the major 3D CAD systems (Solidworks, ProE or CATIA). Experience of ANSYS would be an advantage.
- The ideal candidate will have 3-5 years design experience, preferably in a vehicle environment, however design experience of complex mechanical systems would be appropriate.
- The individual will be a highly motivated self-starter, who is able to operate in a team environment and will be comfortable with occasional international travel.