Operations& Transport Manager
Specialised international transport company
Manage daily, weekly and monthly activities to ensure effective use of resources.
Liaise with the control tower and team to ensue service levels are maintained
Work closely with clients supply chain function to ensure schedules are met and are accurately reported on
Respond to changing customer demands seamlessly
Manage vendor relationships and requirements
Develop and implement processes of continual improvement
Mentor and support the on-site supervisor in the day to day running of the team
Liaise with colleagues to co-ordinate activities and deploy resources efficiently
Develop, monitor and deliver operational budgets
Meet agreed budgets and KPI’s as agreed in a timely manner
Plan, monitor and approve expenditure
Continuously examine identify and implement cost saving initiatives in order to drive down costs
To set objectives and manage the performance of all staff
Carry out timely performance appraisals with direct reports and ensure cascade to all individuals.
Provide training across the department and to create development plans to close gaps in skill levels required.
Support the on-site supervisor(s) in all aspects of HR
Provide coaching and development of the Operations Management Team
- Experience in the logistics industry, including white glove services
- Proven experience of working with and or in a multinational environment
- A minimum of 10 years operations management experience the logistics industry
- Very strong communication skills to deal on a regular basis with staff at all levels of the organisation and in all functions
- Ability to work under pressure and meet deadlines