Manufacturer in midlands
Purpose of the Role: The Project Manager is responsible for the leadership and management of all ne project development and introduction into the business. This person will lead in the development and introduction of the operations engineering & facilities projects in line with the company vision, mission, strategies, goals and objectives to help ensure the plant achieves the company goals.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
The Project Manager is responsible for the following:
- To effectively manage and execute projects from initiation to completion.
- Manage the full project life-cycle experience from end to end design through to commissioning and handover.
- Assure compliance with good engineering practices, company policies, regulations and codes
- Manage projects with engineering consultancy from basis of design through to detailed design.
- Manage the overall financial performance of all projects, including cash flow, life cycle cost, business opportunities and risk.
- Ensure effective contractor management where applicable
- Ensure effective Programme Schedule Management
- Must adhere strictly to safe working practices as set out in the safety statements and other company safety rules and must control and monitor the safe working practices of contractors whilst on site.
- Must deliver right first-time handover of documentation for every project.
- Continuous optimisation of all project management activities on OEE, waste and cost reduction targets.
- Achievement of operational, compliance and financial targets.
- Support the plant in the project approval, prioritization and implementation process.
- Driving smarter new methods, customer focused and accountable
- Responsible for ensuring that all projects are carried out under GMP conditions and in a safe working environment.
Strategy and Planning
- This individual will set and provide input to performance indicators for the operations and engineering team so that operational performance can be monitored and continuously improved.
- This individual will have total responsibility and accountability for the development and introduction of all new projects and will be expected to set & achieve aggressive performance goals across all KPIs.
- Continuous improvement of core business processes to improve reliability is a pre-requisite.
- Preparations and control of the plant Cap-ex and Projects budgets.
People Management and Development
- Ensure delivery of effective training requirements of all relevant personnel to ensure optimum performance for all areas of responsibility.
- Utilise a continuous improvement approach aligned to Lean Principles in all related activities
- Talent management at a higher level by assessing and assist in developing High Potentials.
- Creating the opportunity for employees to contribute meaningfully, supporting a positive culture of performance
- Create an achieving environment that develops people for optimal performance.
Minimum Qualifications and Experience
- Experienced Project Manager with management and supervisory experience in the Food and/or Engineering industry
- Understands the project management process; programming, scope development, design development, implementation, project closeout.
- Excellent communication/organisation skills.
- Understanding of Environmental Health and Safety Requirements on a food processing plant.
- Computer competency in particular, MS project
- Understanding of the principles of good manufacturing practices
- Excellent interpersonal skills
- Bachelor’s Degree or combination of education and/or years of experience
- Strong operating knowledge of Food safety GMP’s and their application to the project management role
- 10 years Civil/Mechanical/Process/Electrical background/education
- Knowledge of applicable regulatory guidelines (HACCP, BRC, Food Safety, NSAI etc.)