Purpose of the Role:
This role will encompass the total planning requirements of the Capital Programme
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Manage all Contractors construction programmes
- Presentations to the project team, clients and others.
- Producing construction schedules for agreement with client in conjunction with the relevant PM’s.
- Fully resource/cost loaded schedule including the updating of contractor’s construction schedules.
- Track planned v actual progress and produce reports – monitoring of same.
- Working with other project team members to capture & log any issues affecting progress
- Develop resources histogram and output ratios.
- Coordinate with site management the planning requirements.
- Prepare progress reports based on base line programme and critical path – the reports must include details of recommendations to maintain required completion.
- Prepare recovery programmes.
- Project Planning using Primavera Software and MS Project’ or/and Asta software.
The programme planner/programmer will report to the manager of the Programme Management Office- through to the Capital Programme Director.
- As a Project Planner you will possess the ability to analyse and convert BOQ’s into a progress measuring format suitable for the project.
- Possess a first class understanding of labour man hour’s and weightings.
- The Project planner/Project Controls Engineer will use WBS to divide projects into Discipline’s as required.
- Must be totally conversant with Project Progress Reporting using Earned Value, S Curve’s, Histograms and Commodity Curves.
- Update Cost Loading of primavera schedules on a regular basics or as required by the PMO.
- Attend all contractor’s meetings.
- Represent the company at progress and planning meetings.
- 3 rd level qualification in Engineer or Construction.
- Membership of a relevant/ recognised organisation. [e.g., Institute of Planners / PMI-SP].
- Experience in Primavera P6 software Role, as a minimum.
- Excellent knowledge of MS Word, Primavera, Microsoft Project, Asta Power Project
- Experienced in working on projects valued at €10- €100 million within the Civil Engineering Sector.
- Excellent communication skills and interpersonal skills are required.
- Ability to work well in a pressurised team environment is crucial, and on own initiative when required.
- Analytical thinker with demonstrated problem solving skills.
- Ability to perform multiple tasks at a high level of quality
- Attending site meetings (internal & client based) • Monitoring original v actual budgets for scope growth/changes/creep.