|Industry||Not for profit|
The Irish Red Cross is a leading humanitarian organisation. It delivers a range of services including training in first aid, ambulance, rescue and event cover, community and youth support, through a nationwide network of 86 Branches and 3,200 members. The organisation provides accommodation and integration services to refugees and first aid and non-violence programmes on a peer led basis in Irish prisons. As part of the global Red Cross Movement it raises funds for and manages international humanitarian disaster response programmes.
Due to the impending retirement of the current job holder the IRC is seeking candidates for the position of Secretary General.
In partnership with the Board, the Secretary General ensures the delivery of services and the implementation of the Society’s strategic development plan “Act Today, Shape Tomorrow” and provides vision, leadership and direction for staff and management.
Role is based in Dublin, Ireland with some travel to Europe .
Skills and experience required
- Significant senior level leadership experience
- Extensive organisation and business background and ideally experience in the not for profit sector
- Capacity to bring stakeholders and members together to work to achieve a common purpose
- Proven track record of leading in a complex environment with the highest standards of governance and compliance
- Experience in policy development and advocacy
- Relevant third level qualification.