Our client, the Irish subsidiary of a large multinational company, is a heavy engineering chemical process manufacturer. They are based in KIldare
Current Professional Opportunities
The primary purpose of the role is to manage, champion and promote HSEQ compliance across the organisation through systems development & review, internal auditing, training and development and the setting of KPI’s designed to measure adherence to Compliance standards.
The role requires adherence to the benchmark standards and references through the ICRF process and for key external stakeholders through the ISO standards accredited by the NSAI and any other relevant stakeholder (EPA, IW, HSA, KCC etc.)
A key member of the site management team, the role holder will proactively manage all HSEQ issues; act as Lead on any interaction with relevant internal and external stakeholders; and conduct systematic audits to support the business on its compliance journey.
- HSEQ Management System
- Quality Investigations/ Resolution/ Improvement Actions planning
- Network across the sector to facilitate the implementation of new methods, best practices etc.
- Lead the investigation, audit and root causing of Non-Conformances
- Collate the Sustainability charter for PDM
- Contribute to the development of Net Zero Carbon strategy for the business
- Support the development of Key Metrics for best practice in OEE, Utilisation, OTIF, OTIFEF, Non-Conformance, LEAN, Six Sigma etc.
- As part of the management team, support the core EHS functions at site as & when required to ensure Licence standards are adhered to.
- Assist in the development of the business Manufacturing Operational Excellence strategy by the standardisation of SOP, processes, systems and company procedures to best practice working standards across the group
- Provide training to internal and external personnel in problem solving and continuous improvement tools
- Work with the operating site to identify paretoed service performance and operational losses, support or lead site and /or group projects
- Lead / support / train / facilitate local and or group operational Focus Improvement projects that deliver service, operational and performance losses.
- Specifications & Standards
- Liaise with customers, suppliers, external certification bodies to ensure ALL systems documentation for the entity is fit for purpose and compliant with SG and Legal standards;
- Audits – Act as key contact for ALL non-financial audits and act as Lead auditor and tracker of audit adherence within entity.
- Ensure correct implementation and compliance with all company policies, procedures (i.e. EH&S, HR, Business Controls, Trading Standards etc.) and legal requirements (COMAH, HSWA, REACH, IED etc.)
- Organise and maintain internal and external audit programmes as well as carrying out internal audits across ALL key systems for which the business is accredited (ISO 9001, 14001, 45001, 50001 etc.)
- Lead the audit review(s) with external Auditors on behalf of the entity
- Support the development of the quality agenda through the attendance at Specification Reviews with Customers and the TG4 NSAI Standards Committee.
- Customer Complaints
- Manage the customer experience for ALL complaints within quality boundaries specified;
- Manage and report findings on Customer Complaints in ALL product categories
- Energy & Sustainability
- Act as Pillar lead, and energy/sustainability champion to attain standards.
- Lead the development of the sustainability strategy particularly relating to the use of clean energy.
- Lead the energy pillar to build programs/initiatives which deliver a yoy reduction in energy used
- Responsible for roll out of cap-ex initiatives associated with sustainability agenda with particular focus on energy.
Diploma or Degree in Engineering or relevant EHS qualification
At least 10 years relevant experience in EHS and compliance ideally with some experience in an engineering or manufacturing company