Head Of Operations
- Provide leadership and guidance to the technical and quality teams whose responsibilities include installation and support of equipment on site, maintenance, upgrades, customer training, key account audits and quality control
- Be a hands-on-manager with technical depth, vision, and the ability to innovate in all areas of operations.
- Build and develop a team of product quality consultants and service technicians.
- Manage day to day operational issues to ensure minimum downtime, call-backs and comprehensive training solutions whilst maintaining highest standards of customer service.
- Ensure continuous improvement principles are applied across all work flows
- Develop a strong performance culture through employee engagement, talent development and leadership practices.
- Develop and execute best practices for analytics, metrics, reporting and training that drives scale and efficiency.
- Manage capacity planning, asset inventory, installation process and culture of continuous follow up / review.
- Collaborate with Sales, Marketing, Logistics and suppliers to manage all customer activities.
- Maximise effectiveness of operational management systems, processes and best practices that guarantee delivery of excellence in meeting customer and business requirements.
- Lead cost reduction initiatives within the team to improve on the cost per activity and increase margin.
- Report and communicate effectively with the senior management team on an ongoing basis.
- Contribute towards the achievement of strategic and operational objectives.
- Play a key part of the management team, contributing to effective cross-functional collaboration
- 5 years’ experience at senior manager level;
- Knowledge of organisational effectiveness and operations management;
- Previous experience of people / team management essential;
- Ability to perform to a high standard in a pressurised environment, demonstrating resilience, flexibility and tenacity;
- High energy, with an excellent work ethic with a can-do attitude and approach to work;
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics;
- Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate equally well to senior management as well as own team and colleagues at the company;
- Computer skills developed to a commercial level in Excel, Word and PowerPoint or similar, with excellent administration and organisational skills;
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation;
- Leadership and organisational skills;
- Working knowledge of Lean Six Sigma;
- Strong project management and people management skills;
- Experience driving improvement, innovating new processes and driving out waste.