Head of Procurement
Purpose of the Role:
The Procurement Manager will be responsible for developing and implementing strategic sourcing plans for the ongoing Supply management system within the Capital Programme Office of all commodity at the lowest total cost and greatest overall value to the company.
- Ensuring full compliance with our obligations under EU public procurement regulations and National legislation
- Manages multi-million Euro contracts & commercial relationships.
- Provide support through ongoing management of the supply base, risk assessments, MSAs and periodic business reviews with key suppliers.
- Manages and negotiates contractual relationships to ensure business requirements are met.
- Develops Early Supplier Involvement Programs to drive lower acquisition costs, improve quality and reduce supply chain complexity.
- Review of in-house preparation of tender documentation for professional consultants and contractors in accordance Management Framework structure.
- Set up framework panels for professional consultants and contractors.
- Advise on mini competitions and awarding contracts under those frameworks.
- Advise and offer analysis on tracking value, procurement performance results of the framework and participate in performance reviews.
- Keep up to date with legislation, best practice and changes to public procurement practices.
- Coordinates and administers reviews of new supplier contract agreements, assesses the performance of key suppliers and develops supplier improvement plans.
- Works with other key stakeholders in various cross-functional team environments to develop and execute strategic business opportunities and resolve tactical situations.
- Manage and support processes as needed [ e.g. monthly Board reports] Schedule reporting, quarterly Regular reporting on key issues to Senior Leadership, per Project Matrix schedule
- Analyzes data effectively to identify opportunities and drive decisions
- Ensuring all documentation and processes align with current legislation
- Work with external consultants in their review of long term procurement strategy
- Advise on third party challenges to procurement processes.
- Develop our supplier profile on E-tenders [when applicable] and have oversight of our advertising of tender awards.
- Project manage the development and implementation of changes to procurement policies and processes resulting from review a procurement strategy
The Procurement Manager will report directly to a Director.
- Bachelors degree in Business or related field.
- Experience in a continuous improvement & deadline driven environment with a demonstrated track record of achieving significant savings (total cost reductions) on an annual basis.
- Experience in developing supplier/Contractor’s relationships including establishing and maintaining contracts.
- Experienced in working/managing contracts with values from €5 Million to €100 Million.
- Procurement experience in a government-regulated environment.
- Professional certification (CPSM, CSCP, CPM, CPIM).
- Experience in a deadline-driven, rapidly changing environment.
- Experience in Construction related software.
- IT literate in MS Office products: Excel, Word, Power Point, Access, MS Project.