Head of Technical & R&D
Experienced Technical, Quality Manager with over 10 years experience in the food industry.
Head of Technical & R&D Projects
September 2017 – Present
- Works collaboratively with all Stakeholders and holds members to account for quality standards.
- Seen as an authority on all aspects of Quality and Food Safety.
- Accreditation of all required Quality and Food Safety standards, ensuring that all BRC Audits are successful and showing improvement.
- Manage the technical approval of all new suppliers and the validation of all new systems, processes and procedures.
- Ensures existing suppliers are regularly vetted so that they continue to meet the requirements using a Risk assessment process for due diligence purposes.
- Exercise the use of an affective methodology which are proactive initiatives, to investigate quality results to drive a continuous improvement plan.
- Leading the performance, coaching and development of the Team.
- Implement new quality systems as required and updating quality manuals in line with audit requirements.
- Manage Performance Management and development of the Technical team.
- Manage a Health and Safety programme for the site in conjunction with the Operations Manager.
- Ensuring Hygiene is kept to the highest standard in line with legislative and customer expectations.
- Managing product specification completion on time with the specification technologists.
- Demonstrate use of trending, root cause analysis and problem-solving tools to continuously improve performance.
- Drive a sustainability agenda for the site.
- Audit suppliers were applicable, post a risk assessment analysis.
- NPD -To ensure all reactive customer projects and any proactive R&D specific projects are delivered on time, technically approved and in line with all customer requirements.
- Manage the sites allergen control procedure and policy, ensuring it is updated and kept up to date with all relevant Allergen Food Legislation.
- To mentor and develop Technical staff to the highest required levels with a high level of technical competence.
January 2016 – September 2017
- Assess, re-design, implement and maintain a Quality Monitoring system to ensure 100% of product dispatched to our customers conform to agreed specifications 100% of the time.
- Continuous improvement programme for Quality systems to ensure we are using Industry Leading systems and processes.
- Ensure that the factory (People, Plant, Process, Products) is ready for un-announced 1st ,2nd and 3rd party Audits 100% of the time.
- Team Leader for process design projects.
- Team Leader for existing process improvement projects
- Ensure a seamless Quality system from “Farm to Fork”.
- Team building, team performance, team recruitment and team retention for the Technical and Quality teams.
- Implement a continuous review process for all SOPS and ensure a concise system for communication of these to relevant staff.
- Design and maintenance of an accurate and concise reporting system to Senior Management daily, weekly, monthly of conformance to all Quality standards including trend analysis of nonconformances.
- Identification and elimination / mitigation, of any risks to the business posed by lack of conformance to standards and or specifications by identification and elimination of root causes of non-conformances.
- Preparing and controlling Technical department budgets.
- Presentation of an annual Technical dept. Business Plan detailing on-going system & process improvements.
- Relationship / partnership building with all Customer Technical counterparts.
- Achievement of targets and objectives set with your Manager weekly, monthly and annually.
- Flexible and adaptive approach to Technical management.
- To assist the Head of Technical Sales in any other matters as requested.
Technical Account Manager
September 2014 – January 2016
- Weekly / Monthly quality reviews SCMR with customers
- Co-Ordinate with the NPD, Commercial and Site Technical teams as part of the overall management of customer projects.
- Liaises on behalf of the company with customer technologists to ensure all food safety, legal and quality requirements are managed in accordance with customer requirements.
- Involvement with Line trials/ First Production runs ensuring accuracy of Technical information and Quality
- Ensures that Bakeries are in compliance with customer policies and codes of practice through audit and operational review
- Ensuring that all products and raw materials meet customer technical requirements
- Provide technical support and advice to retailers
- Undertake planning and delivery of specific project work related to customer or company technical requirement
- Technical Account Reviews
- Review, Agree and Implement goals, policies, and operating procedures for the Group Technical Function
- Build relationships with bakery management to secure improvement in customer performance measures
- Technical Auditing / Approval of Raw Material suppliers
- Technical audits of BIFG supplier factories
- Monitors and reviews customer technical information ensuring its adoption into Bakeries standards
- Report and implement on any required corrective action that may be needed if any quality issues arise
- Follow up issues and targeted improvement programs with suppliers
- Attend and confirm product quality during first production runs
- Keep up to date on all legislative and customer requirements
- Technical Support to Marketing function
- To provide support to site technical department
- Management of Technical Assistant
- Handling of Legal customer complaints
- Product Recall
Quality Manager – Europe
November 2013 – September 2014
- Manager to Central European Quality team based in Paris.
- Implementation of Group Policies, Procedures and Guidelines.
- Implementation of Complaints Per Million Unit supplier performance across group.
- Driving Improvement programs with internal and external manufacturers
- Ensuring supplier adherence and compliance to the foods policies
- Auditing and approving of suppliers
- Alignment of Quality teams (Ireland, UK, France, Germany and Switzerland)
- Complaint resolution
- Customer Management
August 2011 – December 2013
Technical Officer Manufacturing/Distribution
December 2009 – September 2010
Technical Specifications Officer
April 2008 – December 2009
Technical Customer Complaints Coordinater
June 2007 – April 2008
Bsc Applied Biosciences, Food Science, Biology, Math, Quality Control, Microbiology, Biochemistry,Analytical Science.
For more information or to set up an interview
Please complete the form below or call Lacy Poole on 01- 8727008