Maintenance Reliability Engineer
|Industry||Industrial – heavy engineering|
Well known heavy elec/mech engineering company
The role requires a dynamic person to take the lead on maintenance planning/scheduling and reliability engineering within the engineering function. This will be a highly varied role requiring the individual to work with a range of functions across the entire asset life cycle from concept, design, procurement, construction, operations, maintenance up to redundancy/disposal. The primary duties of the individual will be to take responsibility for total asset care of all current and future critical assets, thereby ensuring maximum return on investment. This will involve working with functional managers, supervisors, employees and contractors to ensure all critical assets are captured within the CMMS. It is envisaged that the scope of the role will expand and develop over time as higher standards within system management are achieved.
- CMMS Optimization –Reviewing existing asset data within the CMMS to ensure it accurately captures all critical assets. Where gaps exist, work with the managers, technical supervisors and the IT function. Implement new technology to aid efficient recording of data will need to be considered and implemented.
- Reliability Engineering – Ensuring appropriately effective predictive and preventative maintenance and inspection routines are in place.
- Maintenance Planning & Scheduling – Liase with managers, technical supervisors and contractors to lead and develop coherent, achievable maintenance and inspection plans.
- Critical Spares & Inventory Management – Working with the stores, technical supervisors and suppliers to ensure any risks associated with timely delivery of spares and materials is minimised.
- Asset Performance Reporting – Developing methods of capturing relevant asset performance data to allow analysis and interpretation to aid in predicting performance reduction or failure will be expected.
- Project Handover – Working with Programme Management Office (PMO) to ensure all critical assets developed are handed over and that processes and procedures are in place to ensure appropriate maintenance and inspection routines are established.
- Budgeting – Work with engineering manager in annual capital planning and expense budgeting processes.
- Training – Training internal staff, external customers and contractors in CMMS use.
- Essential is a 3-5 years+ years proven track record of similar experience
- Team player committed to working in a dynamic environment
- PEMAC version 1.27 (or later) or similar CMMS experience
- Knowledge of maintenance practices and processes
- Flexible and able to manage multiple priorities
- Champion the use of OPEX tools in relation to Maintenance initiatives
- A proven track record for effectively collaborating and working well within a team and cross functionally.
- High level of computer proficiency
- Demonstrated interpersonal, technical aptitude and problem solving skills.