Mid-sized public body based in Dublin.
As Operations Manager, your role will be to plan, direct and coordinate the operations of our Technical team and Quality teams. You will be responsible for maximising performance, productivity and efficiency through the implementation of effective methods and strategies.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the team
- Be a hands-on-manager with technical depth, vision, and the ability to innovate in all areas of operations.
- Build and develop a team of quality consultants and service staff.
- Manage day to day operational issues to ensure minimum downtime, call-backs and comprehensive training solutions whilst maintaining highest standards of customer service.
- Ensure continuous improvement principles are applied across all work flows
- Develop a strong performance culture through employee engagement, talent development and leadership practices.
- Manage capacity planning, asset inventory, installation process and culture of continuous follow up / review.
- Maximise effectiveness of operational management systems, processes and best practices that guarantee delivery of excellence in meeting customer and business requirements.
- Lead cost reduction initiatives within the team to improve on the cost per activity and increase margin.
- Report and communicate effectively with the senior management team on an ongoing basis.
- Contribute towards the achievement of strategic and operational objectives.
- Play a key part of the management team, contributing to effective cross-functional collaboration
- 5 years’ experience as manager;
- Knowledge of organisational effectiveness and operations management;
- Previous experience of people / team management essential;
- High energy, with an excellent work ethic with a can-do attitude and approach to work;
- Working knowledge of budgets, forecasting and metrics;
- Excellent influencing and interpersonal skills with the ability to relate equally well to senior management as well as own team and colleagues at the company;
- Computer skills developed to a commercial level in Excel, Word and PowerPoint or similar, with excellent administration and organisational skills;
- Ability to effectively communicate with all levels of the organisation;
- Leadership and organisational skills;
- Strong project management and people management skills;
- Experience driving improvement, innovating new processes and driving out waste