Our client, is one of Irelands leading Employment Law and Human Resource Management consultancy firms providing bespoke solutions to a range of SME and multinational companies throughout Ireland.
Established in 2003, with offices in Dublin, Shannon and Cork, they are an Irish Company with a unique knowledge of the needs of Irish business – with experienced & knowledgeable experts dedicated to excellence. They have an extensive client base working across the private, public and not-for-profit sectors.
They work closely with each and every client to design a tailored solution for them. They offer a range of solutions varying from assistance in ensuring compliance with employment legislation through to implementation of best practice HR solutions to enable organisational change.
Aligned to the growth strategy and further to successful appointments of a number of experienced consultants to the team in 2021, they are looking to further expand our team and recruit an experienced Senior HR Practitioner with Strategic HR / Organisational Development expertise.
Working as a Senior Consultant within our experienced team, you will lead a number of strategic HR projects and initiatives focusing on HR priorities and challenges with clients within the Public Sector primarily, as well as the opportunity to work across other key sectors and clients.
HR & People Strategy
- Development and implementation of HR & People Strategies through engagement with relevant stakeholders and alignment to organisational/ business strategy.
- Strategic HR Management from planning stage to implementation in order to achieve desired outputs within defined budgets and support future proofing of the HR agenda and organisational/ business direction.
- Identify the people capability requirements to deliver on the strategic agenda through workforce planning.
- Drive and promote talent development plans to deliver on the strategic agenda and actively take responsibility developing a high-performance organisation.
- Develop and implement talent management processes to attract and retain a skilled workforce and provide continuous engagement and development of key employees.
- Develop the people engagement agenda to further embed the people strategy and address any employee relations/industrial relations challenges.
- Identify and build on the employee value proposition through strategic organisational and human resource processes (total reward, recruitment and onboarding, performance management).
- Delivery of intelligent workforce metrics to inform decision making processes leading to better understanding of the organisation needs and capabilities.
- Proactively manage and influence key relationships that impact the client experience.
Organisational Development & Change
- Proactively leading out on change management projects, delivery and execution across a range of sectors and in particular the Public Sector.
- Development of organisational model design and change processes within the Public Sector.
- Working with key stakeholders’ devise and implement initiatives to align to the needs and priorities of the client ensuring the legislative, regulatory and public service requirements and organisational objectives are met.
- Develop and support the implementation of employee and organisational improvements.
- Support the workforce planning process through identification, strategizing and overcoming emerging workforce challenges.
- Develop and support the implementation of learning and development frameworks.
- Develop, implement and support succession plans in the course of overall workforce plans to ensure the correct skills and experience and talent management is in place to support the future plans of organisational strategy.
- Drive the future of work agenda through the development of initiatives supporting changes in work, workforce and workplace and providing guidance on current and future practices relating to Gender Pay Gap Reporting, Diversity and Inclusion, automation and remote working practices.
- Influencing and engaging senior managers, building strong relationships.
- Implementation of process improvement, continuous excellence practices, and methodologies.
HR / Employment Law Advice and Support & Client Management
· Proactively managing clients through the provision of strategic HR support from a value-add approach.
· In conjunction with or supporting Senior HR, IR and Employment Law Consultants on a variety of human resources consulting work for key clients in line with a pre-agreed proposal, budget and timeframes.
· Carrying out workplace investigations – Bullying / Harassment Investigations, Discipline.
· Supporting and/or delivering key HR of training programmes.
· Providing technical expertise and specialist advice on a broad range of HR and Employment issues including terms and conditions of employment, disciplinary and grievance, redundancy, bullying and harassment and performance improvement.
· Work closely with the Consulting Practice Manager, HR and Employment Law Manager and Business Development team to identify new HR & Employment law needs of existing and new clients.
· Support individual Consulting team members in relation to client / project related HR & employment law queries and challenges, in an outcome focused manner.
· Propose innovative ways to improve the HR and Employment Law offering for the purposes of the client experience.
· Attend and participate in HR & Employment law events for the company and with identified key Strategic Partners to the business, to build and deliver upon our annual plans.
Ideally Post-graduate Diploma in Employment Law / Employment Law Diploma Law Society and / or MBA
At least 10 years relevant experience in leading out in multiple Organisational Development and Change Management projects ideally with experience in Public Sector bodies.
Strong knowledge and experience of Strategic HR initiatives (development and implementation)
Exposure to a broad range of employee / industrial relations issues
– Committed to understanding, delivering, exceeding and taking accountability for our work and our client needs, by demonstrating true ownership, personal accountability and consistently delivering an excellent experience.
– Committed to building and enhancing trust within all our relationships, colleagues and clients.
– Committed to driving with ambition and accountability, our professional development and our business growth, embracing challenges and change, with pride and fostering a culture of continuous improvement.
Full clean driving license, access to a car and ability to travel.