Project Manager- Renewables
Our client is a solar energy development company established in Ireland in 2011. With a recent large investment by a multinational company they will focus on developing and building a 500 megawatt (MW) solar PV portfolio.
It was awarded a feed-in tariff for four projects in the first auction under the Government’s renewable electricity support scheme and is set to be a dominant player in the emerging Irish solar sector over the next decade
The Project Manager is responsible for managing and providing support on the pre-construction and construction phases of solar farms projects to ensure delivery on time and within budget.
- Develop of plans for projects ranging from €5 to 10m
- Manage palling applications liaising with planning consultants, local authorities
- Ensure smooth grid connection with Eirgrid and the ESB
- Managing contactor tender process for specification through to awarding contracts
- Mange project process, milestones to ensuring deliver on multiple projects
- Manage contractor performance and reviews.
- Post construction
- Develop SLAs for maintenance contractors
Experience & skills
- Degree in engineering
- 3-5 years’+ relevant experience of, and proven track record in project management and implementation within a multi-faceted, fast-moving environment.
- Experience in work on projects where energy connection was needed
- Knowledge of health and safety regulations
- Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, Autocad??,Proeng??
- Ability to identify issues and problems, generate creative solutions and choose appropriate alternatives as necessary.
- Ablility to anticipate and track operational and tactical risks, clarify, identify and track requirements and issues, and escalate where required.
- Excellent interpersonal skills with ability to work well in small multidisciplinary team and a strong delivery focus.
- Masters in engineering or project management training/qualification.
- Experience in design engineering
- Irish and EU renewables market in wind or solar
- Experience working with MS software.
- A highly motivated fast learner, with a commitment to systematically expanding your knowledge and portfolio of skills.