Senior Process Engineer
|Industry||Industrial – heavy engineering|
Well known heavy elec/mech manufacturer with equipment driven process
Reporting to the General Manager, you will have responsibility for the technical support of production and its optimisation in order to sustain and improve product quality, yields and throughput. You will be responsible for identifying, implementing, and managing process improvement projects, as well as participating in new process and product introductions.
- Providing factory floor technical & engineering support to Production and Maintenance for daily process equipment optimization and troubleshooting. Apply troubleshooting expertise to resolve equipment, systems, and process problems using analytical methodologies.
- Making recommendations and implementing actions to improve production systems, equipment performance, yields, quality, and cost reduction. Be innovative in the proposal, concept development, and supervision, of mechanical and automation machine upgrades and modifications.
- Ensure manufacturing operations are supported in compliance with all quality, safety and environmental regulations.
- Being capable of both carrying out projects independently with minimal supervision, as well as working with and leading cross functional teams to carry out process deviation investigations, including defining, engineering, and implementing corrective and preventive actions.
- Plan, schedule and coordinate the implementation of Process Engineering projects as required plus liaise with suppliers or contractors for small modifications and propose capital projects for large scale modifications.
- Support new product and production equipment introductions, ensuring compliance with safety, quality, and productivity requirements.
- Manage & participate in Lean manufacturing projects [including GPS best practices], having a good working knowledge of the principles of Lean, WCM, SMED, and Kaizen.
- Participate in all daily/weekly meetings in relation to Production-Process Control – Planning – H&S – Quality – R&D & Maintenance and ensuring all relevant information is communicated to the Line Leaders plus all other relevant personnel.
- Formalise and maintain up to date production process documentation, technical specifications and ensure all standard operating procedures [SOP’s] and training instructions are compatible with all the ongoing process changes that may occur.
- Mechanical or Automation Engineering Degree.A strong background and experience of Process improvement essential.
- A wide experience of various manufacturing technologies : mechanics (drive systems, pneumatics, hydraulics, heating cooling processes), and continuous manufacturing process electrical and PLC based equipment controls and instrumentation.
- Experience of continuous process production lines essential, with experience in a plastics industry an advantage.
- Strong basic scientific aptitude with knowledge of both physics and chemistry.
- Capability in CAD system ( Autocad or Solidworks or Inventor).
- A strong aptitude and interest in equipment and automation, with a good background in systematic problem solving and data analysis techniques. Excellent analytical and root cause problem solving skills with the ability to innovate and implement improvements.