Senior Process Moulding Engineer
|Industry||Industrial – Manufacturing|
Small mid-sized company based in Cork.
- Reporting directly to the MD, the process technician/engineer will be responsible for operating moulding and any auxiliary equipment.
- They will be responsible for inspecting product to a pre-determined specification and completing all documentation necessary to provide quality, production and traceability records in accordance with ISO9002/EN46002/ISO14001 standards/ customer specifications and making technical adjustments to the machine as required.
Main duties & responsibilities
- Ensures the quality of the parts produced by inspecting parts visually and through measuring devices.
- Supporting the personnel by reporting on/resolving process/technical issues.
- Ensure the machine settings as per the validated status and recorded on relevant documentation if applicable.
- Attend production meetings as required.
- Attends to all incidents of downtime and records in the relevant documentation on a daily basis.
- Define machine status in order to determine machine downtime and run time.
- Assisting with the introduction and validation of new tooling as required.
- The introduction and transfer of new moulds into production as required.
- Work closely with maintenance, tool room and process engineers to ensure technical support.
- Provide assistance, support and training to operators on the shift.
- Oversees line clearance in conjunction with the relevant procedures.
- Ensure that machines are stopped and started as per the relevant start up procedures in manufacturing manual.
- Ensure that all machine adjustments are as per the validated state and recorded.
- Understands and safely operates all equipment.
- Ensures all moulding machines and ancillary equipment are working correctly, and reports any problems.
- Manages the mould cleaning and cleaning of machines/robots and ancillary equipment on a daily/monthly basis.
- Ensures that the correct raw materials are being used at each moulding machine; ensures raw material is staged/ready for use.
- Maintains and updates assigned measures of performance, in conjunction with the Production Group leader.
- Compliance to all site Environmental, Health and Safety requirements training, and regulations and to all local site company policies, procedures and corporate policies.
- Develops and maintains methods/procedures and all supporting documentation to meet the requirements of ISO 9001/ ISO 13485 / ISO 14001.
- Ideally have a Certificate in Plastics Engineering.
- Must have good verbal reasoning, numerate ability and mechanical aptitude skills.
- Must have good communication skills, both written and oral.
- Must be able to work in a team environment.
- Ability to work on their own initiative.
- Previous production work experience in an injection-moulding environmen